Please contact us to receive our wholesale pricing on quantity orders of tactile or braille and tactile sign parts.
Ask us about our bonus free stock on large orders.
Why use Tactile Taxi?
You can have confidence from our proven track record of providing braille and tactile taxi signs since 2007.
- Cost effective system
- Easy self-assembly
- Reliable exterior quality
Our unique in-house self-assembly system means that you can keep your fleet compliant 24/7.
We provide clear and easy to follow training materials to ensure your staff can assemble each sign correctly.
We can also provide a desktop toolbox with individual compartments labelled with each tile, so all parts are kept well organised.
Braille reference material is provided so your staff can assemble the tiles easily without knowing the Braille language.
Simply select the individual alphanumeric tile pieces required for your taxi or rideshare number and slide these into the internal profile of the base plate.
End caps are then inserted, that lock all the tiles firmly in place and cannot be removed once applied to the vehicle.
Each sign base plate has 3M automotive double-sided foam tape attached to the back for easy peel and adhesion to the vehicle doors.
When the vehicle area has been cleaned with rubbing alcohol, simply align, adhere and you’re away.
Our Innovative Solution
We produce individual braille and tactile character tiles that have a mortise and tenon shaped profile that slides precisely into a base plate.
Each tactile character tile has colour identical to the base plate with a solid co-moulded contrasting tactile colour through the tiles, making the colour solid to resist fading in the Australian weather.
Our signs are designed to have a very smooth finish with all edges and shapes designed for liquid run-off to stay clean and dry.
We avoid these problems
With our tactile signs, there are no edges, no lifting and no way to remove them from the base plate once adhered to the vehicle.
- No screen printing that can fade
- No stickers that can peel off
- No glued tactile that can be removed
Our solid-state and anti-vandal design can also ensure these signs are not unsuspectingly damaged by other passengers.
With our system, you only order and pay for what you need and avoid plastic waste!
Our design conforms with Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 and Building Code of Australia requirements.
- All Tactile lettering in 15mm high and 1 - 1.5 mm raised with rounded edges.
- Braille Locator 6mm high and 1mm raised with rounded edges.
- Braille Dots are 0.8mm raised and domed like a hemisphere (Six dot Unified Braille).
- Braille characters placed to the left of the raised tactile characters along the same centre line.
- The precise fit of our sign surface is continuous for hygiene purposes.
- All visible surfaces of the sign will have a matt finish.
- Minimum letter spacing of 2mm is used for all tactile characters.
- Solid state moulding means there can be no removal of letters and Braille dots by picking or adhesive failure.